Dalí: painter, thinker, writer, trickster, even pervert… a man of many faces. A genius? That’s for you to decide. But the truth is that Dalí left a significant mark on the Girona area. It’s amazing to see his houses, his museum and his belongings this close up. Actually, there are three spots that compose the surrealistic Dalí triangle:
In Port Lligat, in Cadaqués, is the house he lived in for 50 years with his wife, Gala. It is close to the sea in one of the most beautiful Mediterranean coves (calas). He did a lot of painting in that house, received visits from artists and writers and hosted famous summer parties with hippie-like and surrealist happenings that shocked conservative Spanish society in the 1960s and 1970s.
Púbol is the castle that Dalí purchased for Gala, but she didn’t allow him to visit. This stunning residence in Dalí’s unique style was the home of this mysterious Russian woman who spent all her life with the painter.
Figueres, Dalí’s hometown and where the world’s most important Dalí Theatre-Museum is located. His most appreciated works are shown within the walls of the building. Besides the best-known works like the Mae West Room, the Basket of Bread, and the Rainy Taxi, it houses a great selection of his masterpieces. The building itself was also inspired by his ideas.
Cadaqués (Dalí's House) is 175 km far from Barcelona. Closed from January, 11th to February, 11th 2016.
Púbol (Gala's Castle) is 120 km far from Barcelona. Closed from January, 11th to March, 13th 2016.
Figueres (Dalí Theatre Museum) is 150 km far from Barcelona. Open all year.
Full-day Tour – 8-10 hours*
(*2-3 spots visit)
From 9 am to 5-7 pm
Feel free to suggest other schedules according to your interests.
Available seven days per week.
8-10 hours for up to 3 people..........€500.00-625.00
Toll payments are not included (approximately €25) / 2022: Currently free.
For bookings or further information, click here.
Good to Know
- The tour is taken by convertible car, but it is possible to make stops or take short walks upon request.
- Please bring sunglasses.
- Children over 7 are welcome.
- In case of rain, we can either drive with the top up or refund your money 100%.
- Please note that pets are not allowed on the tour.
- English-speaking guide. He also speaks Spanish and basic French.
- Caps and headscarves so you can protect your head from the sun and wind during the tour.
- Mineral water bottles.
- Restaurants, bars and nightlife recommendations.
- Insurance coverage for all occupants for injuries arising from any accidents.
- Pick-up anywhere in Barcelona.
- Drop-off anywhere in Barcelona.
- Entry fees for monuments and attractions.
- Additional food and drink.